Re: Rumors re: Internet streaming

This could very well be a historic day in regards to internet streaming of
radio stations. Clear Channel has requested that all its streams be pulled
immediately, although as I write this, WHTZ and WAXQ in New York are still
streaming via NJ.com.

Disney has pulled the streams of all their FM music stations. Some of Emmis'
and Radio One's streams have been pulled as well. Some people have mentioned
to me that Cox and Entercom may be next to pull their streams.

The radio industry knows that there will be a lot of money to be made in
Internet radio. AFTRA, the RIAA, and Major League Baseball are all trying to
ensure they get their share of the pie. Hopefully, the radio industry has
found something to unite together on in order to get this resolved one way
or another.

Lance Venta
Radio-Info.com