Re: The Celtics play the Zone(Re: Sox games bump Celts to 'RKO)

Yes, the WWZN signal is supposed to be 50,000 watts
but it hasn't been as easy to receive as WEEI or
WBZ would be in many areas. North Shore and Metro
West affiliates may indeed be needed. (If WESX were
brought aboard maybe they could get sister station
WJDA to cover the South Shore better, or does
1510 do well on the South Shore?)

I do remember the Sox being on 1510 (then WITS);
weren't they also on WPLM 99.1 at the same time?
Or maybe I'm just thinking of the years when they
were on the Campbell Soup--er, Sports Network.

I think the Bruins were on 1510 at one point (when
they were a country station; WKKT, not to be confused
with WTKK or WTTK!). There are still some bumper
stickers out there saying "this is Bruins Country".

By the way, I work at a huge postal facility when
WRKO comes in very well, WEEI and WBZ just barely
and WWZN hardly at all (due to interference, etc.)
Celts fans where I work would be out of luck.

96.9, again, would have been a great choice...like
WBCN with the Patriots they could accent the fact
that the games were in stereo; you wouldn't lose the
signal under a bridge, etc. It won't happen...but if
the Celts get enough complaints from fans about
the 1510 signal maybe WTKK could indeed do some
simulcasts at night, and all they'd need pre-empt
would be The Inside Track, Barnicle "radio re-winds"
and some syndie show.

Oh, one last thing: I believe the Red Sox 2001
calendar
(which I have up at work) has a pic of Fenway circa
1963, complete with a billboard advertising that Sox
games were on "WNAC AM 680"