Re: W69AQ W46CS is history...

On Thu, 22 Mar 2001 04:19:43 -0800 (PST) Peter George
<radiojunkie3@yahoo.com> writes:

> Channel 69 (W69AQ) was on the air in the Greater
> Springfield area from 1977 until around 1982.

When I worked at WAQY/WACKY 102 during those years, I went up to provin
Mountain one time with our Chief Engineer.  We went to the closet... er,
room that the WAQY transmitter was in.  There was a box about the size of
a small refrigerator in the room.  I asked what it was... the answer...
the Channel 69 TX!  I was told they used it for carrying Bruins and Red
Sox games that they didn't wanna carry on the big 22 signal.  I don't
believe it was well known to have existed:  I don't recall TV listings
for it or anything.

-Rick Kelly
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.