From: Peter George <radiojunkie3@yahoo.com>
To: Martin J. Waters <mwaters@mail.wesleyan.edu>,
boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
Sent: March 19, 2001 2:53:49 PM GMT
Subject: Re: 1080 kHz DXing

Monday, March 19, 2001

Greetings:
It was a no show for me here in the Boston area.
When I tuned to 1080, I just heard some Spanish in the
background, not recognizable.  But, the night was not
wasted.  In fact, I got a few surprises on the AM
band.......
1380  WABH     NY, Bath     "Oldies 1380", very
strong! (320 miles)
1340  WIRY     NY, Plattsburgh "Hometown Radio" (221
miles)
1340  WMSA     NY, Massena  "AM 1340/WMSA", adult
standards (280 miles)

If only WBAL were not there, I could have gotten
KRLD.  Oh, well.  Such is life and DX'ing!! 73.

-Pete

--- "Martin J. Waters" <mwaters@mail.wesleyan.edu>
wrote:
>        For those interested in such things: The CE
> of WTIC confirmed my
> guess that KRLD ran non-DA for about 8 minutes when
> it signed on at 2 a.m.
> EST today.

=====
Peter Q. George (K1XRB)