Re: longest running radio show?

When did Grand 'Ole Oprey start on WSM? As far as I
know, WSM still carries it, and whether it is or isn't
the longest-running show, it has that reputation. Are
WSM's claims fact, or are they as valid as KDKA's claims
of being the first station to broadcast a regularly
scheduled program?

How can presidential-election returns consitutue a
regularly scheduled program anyway? I suppose that KDKA
did broadcast presidential-election returns again in
1924 and 1928 in addition to the historic ones it
broadcast in 1920, but applying the term "regularly
scheduled" to a program heard once every four years does
seem like a stretch.

If this Polish program isn't the longest running show on
US radio, it undoubtedly can take the honors for longest
running Polish program on US radio. And perhaps if the
host did the show on occasion as a remote and used phone
lines to send the program back to the studio, he can
qualify as America's first telephone Pole--or at least
as America's first _radio_ telephone Pole.