Re: Longevity in college radio

Sean asked of Wayne Braverman:

> Is Wayne still on the air? I thought he had taken a hiatus of some sorts, other than his summer
> hiatus, in recent years.

He's still around.  His Summer 2000 hiatus was longer than promised and
I was beginning to wonder if he was coming back for another season when
he finally turned up one Sunday evening in October.  (That's Old Tyme
Radio Theatre, Sundays 6-10pm on WJUL, folks.)

I just thought of yet another exceptional tenure in college radio:
Brian Sinclair ("Old Sinc") has been with WHRB's Hillbilly at Harvard
(Saturdays 9am-1pm, unless the gosh-darned opera starts earlier) since
1966.  Co-host "Cousin" Lynn Joiner has been at it since 1975.  Those
dates come from combing the Globe archives so you might want to take
them with a grain of salt, but at any rate this team has been going for
a long, long time.