Re: Longevity in college radio

>I don't know of too may other people who have done
>20 years on college radio. Greg Reibman does come to
>mind; his "Rockin' with Greg" on WMBR was on for
>20 years and then he left. [...]

Greg got his start on the "Late Risers' Club" on what was then WTBS in
the late 1970s.  He left the area to go live in Texas for a number of
years (starting around 1984, I belive), then came back, and that's when
"Rockin' with Greg" started.  He still fills in on other shows from time
to time.

WMBR has a fair share of folks who are either at or soon to hit the 20+
year mark.  I believe the current holder of the longevity title on MBR
is Marcia Young Palmater, whose "Downeast Ceilidh" started sometime around
1972 or 1973.

-Shawn Mamros (who joined MBR in 1984, but I don't do much air these days...)
E-mail to: mamros@mit.edu