Re: Re: Subchannels. Text. Audio.

Chuckigo@aol.com wrote:
>Garrett's memory is correct.  the Greater Media stations use the RDS on
their stations.  and yes, we had a nice, nifty Denon receiver in the lobby
that indicated not only the current selection playing, but also, during
stopsets, the cut that was cued and ready to go, indicated as "up next..."

Curiously, how does the encoder "know" what songs are playing/next?  Is
there a file exported from Selector (or whatever music scheduling program
they use) to it?  How does it deal with songs dropped for timing, or
unscheduled songs being aired (I believe you said jocks had some freedom to
substitute).  How does it stay in sync with what's on the air?