Re: WRKO-FM?

Chuck Igo wrote:
>I have long maintained, and still do, that a
>major market such as Boston is not the place for non-live
>programming, be it syndicated or automated.  Boston is a
>market where such programming should originate.

But it's hardly without precedent.  I don't believe there ever was a time
when Fairbanks owned 105.7 that they actually had a jock on
overnights...just a board op, until the past few years ditto for the "old"
(ie 98.5) WROR.  I can't think of others specifically offhand, but I
believe in the 80s/early-mid 90s there were other Boston stations that were
jockless overnights.