Re: WKOX apparently sold to AMFM

On Fri, 12 Jan 2001 Dan Strassberg wrote:

>According to today's FCC applications report, Fairbanks
>has filed to transfer WKOX to a company or trust with
>Capstar in its name. Since Capstar is one of the
>companies that became part of AMFM, this would seem to
>mean that AMFM is buying WKOX.

Actually, weren't a few trusts created that are not directly affiliated with
Clear Channel where some of their AMFM spinoffs were placed that couldn't be
sold right away?  This sounds like WKOX is being sold to one of these trusts
and not Clear Channel itself.  Of course, if i am wrong, I'm sure I will be
corrected by others on the list.

                                       Matt Osborne
                                       Rochester, NY