Re: WJIB-740-CHWO

At 1:16 AM -0500 1/8/01, Jibguy@aol.com wrote:
>Greetings:
>
>     WJIB-740-Cambridge Mass will go off the air at 6 PM or somewhat before on
>MONDAY EVE - Jan 8th,  the night that CHWO-740-Toreonto says will be their
>first day/night of broadcasting their full-service format.
>
>     WJIB will be off the air from 6 PM to 6 AM, so that DXer's and other
>interested people can hear clearly the first night of CHWO.

Thanks Bob, I'll be listening when I get out of work at 11:30 tonight.

I want to thank those on the list who offered information when I
asked about car radios sometime ago.  In the end, I decided to go in
a different direction than Alpine or Sony, and I wound up purchasing
a Becker Mexico 2340 from C. Crane Co.  Not only does this radio get
shortwave, it has the best AM (especially) and FM reception that I
have ever experienced on a car radio.  The 10% discount offer I got
from C. Crane helped me to make up my mind also.  Yes, it's still an
expensive radio, but to me it's well worth it.
--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH