Public Radio New Year's Eve/ Some Grammy Nominees

Dave Faneuf wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Jan 2001 21:26:07 -0500 "Chris Beckwith" <beckwith@ime.net>
> writes:
> > I agree with Dan.  MPR did a lousy PR job of handling the programming
> > changes
> > (and is paying the price in the press) but they absolutely *had* to
> > do it from
> > the standpoint of building their overall audience.  You can't buy a
> > Ray Suarez
> > or Chris Lydon CD in Borders, after all. :)
> >
> > Take care,
> > Chris
> >
> I thought Juan Williams was handling "Talk of the Nation" these days
>
> df
> GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
> http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

It's too bad that New Years Eve didn't occur on Monday this year.

I featured cuts from the top blues releases of 2000 on Monday  January 1st
on WICN

I will continue  this theme this coming week.

As it would happen, two of those artists were nominated  for Grammys today
under "The

Best Contemporary Blues Album" category:

1. Koko Taylor: Royal Blue on Alligator

2. Shemekia Copeland: Wicked also on Alligator

Best Traditional Blues nominees also featured on the best of Blue Monday
2000 are:

1. Superharps: James Cotton, Billy Branch, Charlie Musselwhite, and from
Room Full Of Blues,

Sugar Ray Norcia ( Telarc Blues)

2. Riding with the King  B.B King/Eric Clapton (Reprise) ( The deck may be
a little stacked)

3. Delta Crossroads from Robert jr. Lockwood. ( Telarc Blues)

Also file under  the same category  as Jethro Tull's Best  Heavy Metal
Album some years back

Milk Cow Blues from Willie Nelson. Nothing against crossover's but.....

Happy New Year Everyone!

Norm Rosen

http://www.wicn.org