No Subject

And after a few days in Fort Wayne (about whose radio scene, the less
said, the better!), it was back home to Rochester and NERW-land...

[You can see our pictures from Indianapolis on the Web site version of
NERW at <http://www.fybush.com/nerw.html#special> all week!]

*Finally this week, our condolences to family, friends, and colleagues
of ABC Radio's Tim O'Donnell.  He began his career at Watertown's WOTT
(1410, now WUZZ), but made it to the network by his mid-twenties,
reporting on events that ranged from the assassination of Robert
Kennedy to Y2K.  O'Donnell suffered a heart attack December 5, and
died Wednesday morning (Dec. 13) at a hospital in Ridgewood, N.J.
O'Donnell was just 57; he's survived by wife Eileen and sons Tim and
Kevin.

*A few programming notes as we approach the end of the year: The final
regular issue of NERW will be published sometime next Monday (Dec. 25)
on <http://www.fybush.com>, and will go out Dec. 27 to those on the
mailing list.  Our annual Year in Review special, complete with this
year's Rant, will be posted to fybush.com first thing January 1, with
distribution to the mailing list January 3.  (It's not too late to
reserve advertising space in this special issue at our low
charter-advertiser rates; just e-mail for details.)

As we near the holidays, our sincere thanks to all of you who have
sent in your checks and electronic payments to help ensure the
financial future of NERW and fybush.com.  If you haven't done so yet,
please take a moment to visit our Support page and find out why your
contribution can make a difference!

Whether you're celebrating Christmas, Chanukah, Kwanzaa, the end of
the millennium, or Howard Stern's contract renewal, our very best
holiday wishes to all of you.  We'll see you next week!

-----------------------NorthEast Radio Watch------------------------
                       (c)2000 Scott Fybush
                          www.fybush.com

No redistribution permitted for commercial use, or for
noncommercial use without prior written permission.

NorthEast Radio Watch is a "shareware" publication.  Regular readers
are kindly requested to contribute towards the continued publication
of this weekly resource.  Visit <http://www.fybush.com/support.html>
for more information.

NERW is published Monday mornings at
<http://www.fybush.com/nerw.html>.  Each week's "final edition" is
distributed by e-mail to the boston-radio-interest and NERW
mailing lists within 48 hours of publication.

To be added to the NERW mailing list, send e-mail to
<nerw-request@bostonradio.org> with the word "subscribe"
as the body of the message.  You will receive a confirmation
code to return by e-mail to begin your free subscription.
Please direct any questions about the list process to
<nerw-owner@bostonradio.org>; subscription requests and
questions sent directly to NERW cannot be acted on.

NERW is archived at the Boston Radio Archives,
<http://www.bostonradio.org/radio/bostonradio.html> and
is generally made available there about a week after
publication.

Opinions expressed in NERW are solely those of the author
and not necessarily those of MIT or LCS.

NERW welcomes your news and contributions at
<nerw@fybush.com>.