Re: new TV spots

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Faneuf" <tklaundry@juno.com>
To: <billpi@ll.mit.edu>
Cc: <dlh@donnahalper.com>; <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Friday, December 15, 2000 4:24 PM
Subject: Re: new TV spots

> On Fri, 15 Dec 2000 16:05:18 -0500 Bill Piacentini <billpi@ll.mit.edu>

> > >Did anybody see the TV spots that Talk96 is doing, featuring Mike
> > >Barnicle?  As somebody who has a problem with plagiarists,I find it
> > >amusing to see somebody who was fired from the Globe being reborn
> > as a
> > >talk show host and spokesperson.  What a country...

Is the pre-requisite for having a talk show having unique and original
ideas?  ....and being the original source for everything you say?  Or simply
being well-read and articulate?

Me thinks the qualifications for being a journalist/reproter...are much
different from being a talk-show host.

I think most would agree that Barnicle has a wealth of knowledge, a good
intellect and is articulate.  Do you think anything that happenned at the
Globe should rule out what are his talents, abilities and skills?  And
forbid him from having an opinion based talk show?

And BTW...Isn't this a really old message you're responding to?

>>At 12:10 AM 2/9/00 -0500, Donna Halper wrote:

                ...from February(!) of this year?