Re: Uncle T

Keating Willcox:
> >Does anyone know about Uncle T and the Freedom Machine....WBUR late
> >alternative show, middle 60's T where are you?

Donna Halper:
> I recall him on the air at MIT's station, then known as WTBS, when I was in
> college in the mid 1960s.  Real name Tom Gamache, I think, and I am
> absolutely certain he was on WTBS because I used to listen to him-- I loved
> his choice of music.

Kevin Vahey:
>he was at WTBS along with Tommy Hadges in 1967

All of you are correct.  T got his start on then-TBS, then moved on to
the more powerful BUR signal, where I think he stayed until John Silber
blew away the community programming there a few years later.

Don't know where he went from there, unfortunately...

-Shawn Mamros
E-mail to: mamros@mit.edu