Re: CBS-TV stumbles, breaks both legs, and is run over by a bus (WAS Re: SupremeCourt decision)

On 13 Dec 2000,  Don MacMillan wrote:

> While they ALL looked rather awkward "reading" the decision on the air...I
> was thinking about how fascinating it was that I was sitting in my easy
> chair at home....and  someone ws on my screen standing in front of the
> supreme court and reading me a decision release just seconds ago!

I marvelled even more about the fact that, within an hour after the
decision was released, I had my very own copy coming out of my printer.  I
think the Internet will be seen as the most important invention since the
printing press.

> I give all the networks a little leeway...I dont think I could have expected
> more.

I think it would have been better for them to keep to their regular
programming and run a crawl across the bottom of the screen saying that
the Supreme Court had issued a decision, stay tuned for details.  Then
break in later, after they had read it and could talk intelligently about
what it said.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                        617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                     lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503      http://world.std.com/~lawyer/