Re: NBC ORDERED AFFILIATES NOT TO CARRY BUSH SPEECH IN MEMO

At 9:14 PM -0500 11/28/00, Dib9@aol.com wrote:
>NBC ordered its affiliates not to interrupt entertainment programming for
>Bush.
>
>http://www.drudgereport.com/nbc.htm

But, you will note that Channel 7 in Boston did indeed carry the speech.

If anyone saw a few seconds of a commercial interrupting the local
summation before we went back to net, be assured that this was just a
technical glitch and nothing more.  There is no way I would have done
that on purpose, considering all the s--t I had to take afterwards.

In reading the Drudge Report, if you were confused by the word
"Fluke" being used as a verb, it is referring to a Fluke touch-screen
controller that controls our auxiliary dish and receiver.  Thus, to
Fluke is to move the dish and receiver to a particular satellite and
transponder.

I also find it interesting that Drudge includes a copyright notice on
a posting consisting of stolen confidential material.

Larry Weil
WHDH-TV Master Control
--
Larry Weil