Titanic meets Katherine Harris

I can understand WHDH's cutting out of Titanic to show Ms. Harris's
statement, but I'm just wondering that in the future using videoserver
gizmos that now even exist in the consumer market to record whatever is
coming down the network line and then show it on a minor delay.

Also since I have been stuck in NYC the past few weeks, I am curious if
the networks in NYC relay the satellite feed to the local stations or do
they just show in NY a split second before the rest of the country sees
it.