Re: even more format changes...

I think the 20 year cycle is part of it, but I think it also has to do with
the fact that there is a big hole in a lot of markets for a station
targeting 30-somethings.  Many Hot AC's such as WBMX and WXLO locally, have
added more 80's titles to their playlists, and in Mix's case, they have done
well.  WBOS has also seen improved numbers since they put in more 80's
songs.  I think the format would do well in Boston, so we'll have to see if
anyone decides to go for it.

CHR, Alternative and Active Rock skew young, and Classic rock, AC and oldies
focus on older listeners. All 80's shoots right down the middle of all these
formats demographically. 80's specialty shows have been extremely popular at
Hot AC's for quite some time now, so it seems that the time is right for
this format to go 24/7.  The demos are desirable, 25-44, both male and
female.  Done correctly, it could have legs.

Mike Thomas