Re: well it's the thought that counts

Kevin Vahey wrote:

> 1010 does have some problems at night as their are nulls in the pattern
> designed to protect Toronto...it has been told to me that this was the
> main reason they couldn't compete as an AM Top 40 station against clear
> channel WABC and even WMCA. 880 of course has no signal problems. What is
> interesting is WCBS just moved from their long time home at Black Rock to
> the CBS Broadcast Center on 57th.
>

> > << Anyhow to announce this change to the good citizens of NYC, Bloomberg is
> >  giving away 1,000,000 AM radios all over the city that are locked into
> >  1130...only problem is most people are opening the box, taking the battery
> >  and then throwing the radio on the sidewalk. >>
> >
> > That sounds like a CLASSIC New York story.
> >

>   Well I have my Bloomberg radio intact :)
>
> BTW Radio Disney doesn't even show in the latest NY book ( likewise for
> Boston) which makes one wonder how much longer they can survive.

1010 WINS is not clear channel, it's true.

But Mel should think twice before blowing up an institution like WINS, or moving
it  to 880 AM.

Besides being the highest rated station in metro NYC,

If you listen to an aircheck from Alan Freed's nightly show from 1955 on 1010
WINS, (which was, and still is, a good

skywave signal nonetheless) you will hear him backsell a song which was a
dedication from someone in Bermuda.

Norm