Re: WCCC (AM) flips to Classical; WHUC flips to Standards

>Yesterday, Hartford's WCCC (AM) flipped from simulcasting the Active
>Rock format of the FM and is now playing classical music (but
>keeping Howard Stern in the process.)

I had a good laugh when I saw this one.  Stern on a classical
station, that's gotta be a first.  Bet it's only until the contract
is up.

And, classical on AM, I haven't heard of  that since the days of
WQXR(AM).  I wonder if there are many others, not counting
rebroadcasts of public stations like the one in Bennington, VT (if
they're still doing that?)?
--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH