Re: "former" college stations

Bob N. writes:
> On yesterday's Let's Talk about Radio, it was
> mentioned that WCUW in Worcester was formerly owned by
> Clark University (you'd think that the calls would
> stand for "Clark-University-Worcester" or even "Clark-
> University-Wireless") but later broke off from the
> college to become a public station.

That must have occurred a long time ago. I recall a bumper sticker for
"Community Unity Worcester" in the WJUL production studio (there was a
large collection of stickers on a cable bus panel around the room.)
The sticker seemed well aged then, 20 years ago.  (Funny how brain
cells do compensate.)

Bill O'Neill