RE: Magic 850 WYLF dunks WEEI

>Paul Hopfgarten wrote:
>That's WREF in Ridgefield(?) Connecticut. I have also picked them up here in
>Derry on occasion.

        As the other posts said, I think what was heard was the Pa.
station. WREF is satellite top 40 oldies. As far as I've ever heard, it
cuts power on time. If it didn't, there'd be serious interference to WEEI.
Depending on the season and the time of the month and day-to-day
conditions, I've heard it in Scituate coming in pretty bad on WEEI just
before sunset. The sunset for WREF is usually or always 15 minutes later,
for one thing.