Re: WMTW-TV gets OK to move trensmitter off Mt. Washington

> Umm, don't think so. The field strength (in theory at  least) decreases in
direct proportion to the distance.

Whoops! Got my area coverage formulas mixed up with those for field
strength.

However, my main point is still valid: WMTW has a distance problem from
Mount Washington. The dense population centers are beyond the reach of its
Grade A (and in some cases, the Grade B) contour.

Apparently --and for reasons that are not entirely clear to me-- the digital
modes require more signal for dependable reception. It's my understanding
that the impending addition of DTV at Ch 8 was a primary factor in the
decision to make the move.