Re: City seeks tapes of Parkin interview about Police Department

In a message dated 10/5/00 7:44:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
dwcole@mediaone.net writes:

<< I hope the two stations stick by their guns.  Personally I would
 rather destroy any unedited material not aired before turning it over
 to any law enforcement agency for any reason. >>

I agree that they should stick by their guns and I hope that a court does not
force them to turn over the tapes.  However, I would not suggest that anyone
in this situation destroy a tape that is under subpoena.  That could lead to
criminal contempt charges.  Also, I think it is reasonable for someone to
resist what they see is an unjust order, but destroying the tape goes beyond
that into outright floating of the law.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine