Re: when news breaks, we ignore it?

On Mon, 2 Oct 2000 17:31:58 -0400 "Paul Hopfgarten"
<hopfgapr@sprynet.com> writes:
> The issue is far beyond just getting in a debate.
>
> At a bare minimum, ALL candidates on the ballot in 50 states should
> be on
> the ballot (I believe that Nader and Harry Browne, the Libertarian
> candidate
> would meet this test....I'm not sure if Pat Buchanan is on in all 50
> states)

	I wouldn't go that far, I'd say if a candidate or party can qualify for
federal 	funds they should be included in all debates etc.  I believe to
qualify a person
	or party needs to poll 5% as compared to the 15% the Dems & Reps require
	to participate in their debates

> And maybe the debates could be rotated like the Super Bowl (ABC one
> election, then CBS, NBC & FOX....I do think they should stay on
> 'over-the-air' networks)

	That is an interesting idea, but I would require they be carried on PBS,
after
	all it is supposed to be PUBLIC Broadcasting.

df