Re: WHDH drops playoffs

It makes no sense. Why do we need three or four stations to watch a debate on?
They have pool feeds why not pool stations. These news dept. egos need to be
trimmed. More people are probably interested in the playoff game than are
interested in the debate in the first place and the debate is available elsewhere.
In this day and age we need an FCC rule against simulcasting. Then the news
departments would just have to take turns. It just no longer makes any sense to
have the same program on 3 or 4 channels its a waste of TV bandwidth. I'd even
argue that the modern day political debates aren't news anywise but more like like
long political commercials but I'll save that discussion for another day. I think
the WWF could get bigger ratings if they where up against them... I know lest
combine the two.

Hmmm now wait if UMass blows up right in the middle of it I have no problem with
the other two stations going live..... In fact I'd want to know!... so I guess I
don't want a simulcast rule against breaking news just boring news or political
events.