95.5 WCLZ dropping music?

I listened to 95.5 WCLZ this morning and the planned format change to sports
was the main topic of conversation on the morning show.  They were taking
calls from listeners on the air (including one from a caller that used the f
word on the air at 8:15 a.m.) and giving out a number for listeners to call
management to urge them to save the station.

After listening for a short time, I came to the conclusion that the whole
format change is fake and a planned promotional stunt.  If the format change
was legitimate, why would they be talking about it on the air?  Why would
management let what is going on happen?

If I'm right, this is the second time in two weeks that a Portland area radio
station has tried to fool listeners with such a stunt.  In this case, the
station clearly fooled people, including our own Chuck Igo.  I don't think
such things are good radio or in the public interest.

One possibility is that the whole thing is part of a stunt to move the WCLZ
call letters and format to the company's new aquisition, WLOB-FM.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine