Re: New WBZ top of the hour ID

WCBS (am) most definitely does use the Infinity Broadcasting ID at the top
of the hour. It's usually either Dan Rather or Charles Osgood saying
something resembling - "For the most comprehensive coverage from the the
area's largest radio news team, stay with WCBS and CBS News. WCBS, New
York. An Infinity Broadcasting Station." (Followed by the live anchor's
time check, the CBS chime, and the network news).

Isn't it a shame Infinity insists on not streaming its stations? It would
be so easy to check which ones are doing the ID...

--Scott--

On Thu, 21 Sep 2000 Sptseditor@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 9/21/2000 11:02:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> dlh@donnahalper.com writes:
>
> << So I noticed recently that WBZ's ID' package has changed somewhat, and now
>  their top of the hour says they are an Infinity Broadcasting Station... I
>  wonder why they decided to add that to the ID? >>
>
> All of the Infinity stations are adding that to the top of the hour ID. Even
> WFAN has been doing that for a year or so. (I don't think WCBS does, though,
> instead referring to themselves as a CBS Broadcasting station, or something
> along those lines, since WINS uses the Infinity slogan.)
>
> -Sean

Scott J. Saloway
Assistant Producer/On-Air Promotions and Fundraising
WBUR Radio, Boston
saloway@bu.edu
I do not represent Boston University or any other entity.
My opinions are mine and mine alone.