Fw: WTHT morning crew gets the axe

On Sat, 16 Sep 2000 Dan Billings wrote:

> Smells like a cost cutting move to me.  I can't see how the people they have
> hired to do the show will result in higher ratings.

Exactly my thinking.  This move also presumably makes WLAM leaner by dumping
Fixaris from Bud Sawyer's morning show (and to think he was lured out of
retirement for *this!*)  When WLAM mid-morning host Bob Shaw died he was
replaced by birdfeed.  It seems the bean-counters at the WMTW Broadcast Group
are fully in charge.  Anyone who believed the PR tripe that this TV-Radio
merger would bring an outstanding commitment to quality programming obviously
haven't watched Channel 8's news product lately--if ever.  I wouldn't be at all
surprised if this wasn't a prelude to the sale of the radio properties to Clear
Channel.

Speaking of our favourite group broadcaster, did the FCC flag the proposed
Cumulus/Augusta transfers to CC?

Take care,
Chris