Re: Richard M. Fairbanks, RIP????

--- dan.strassberg@att.net wrote:
> I saw the item too, and I was going to ask you. If you
> know what city in Florida in which he lived/lives, you
> can call the newspaper there and ask if they've run an
> obit recently. Sounds like a lot of effort.
>
> Could it be a divorce settlement? Wasn't/isn't Victoria
> B Fairbanks (of WVBF fame) Richard M Fairbanks' wife? If
> so, do you suppose that Mr Betley is Ms Fairbanks' new
> husband or intended husband? Also, as I was writing this
> I started to wonder whether Richard M Fairbanks was or
> is the owner of WRMF Titusville, FL. RMF were/are his
> initials.

No divorce. Virginia Nicholson Brown Fairbanks, his second wife,
is still around.

Faribanks died on August 11th in Miami and was buried
in Indianopolis on August 13th...He was the last surviving grandson of
Charles Warren Fairbanks, the vice president under President Theodore Roosevelt
and the man for whom Fairbanks, Alaska, is named.

Here's the headline from Palm Beach Post...It'll cost you
extra to get the entire article from their archives :

R. Fairbanks, Area Media Magnate
Author: George Bennett Palm Beach Post Staff Writer Date: 08-16-2000 Publication: The Palm Beach
Post Page Number: 3B Word Count: 415 Relevancy: 83

Richard M. Fairbanks, for years the owner of some of the area's most popular radio stations, died
Friday in Miami. He was 88. An Indiana native, Mr. Fairbanks lived in Key Largo since the mid-
1980s and was president of Fairbanks Communications Inc.,