Re: Expanded Band/ and WMEX Web site alleges that the station has applied for full-time

<< One thing that no one mentioned is the ace up his sleeve, and that's his
filing with the FCC for an expanded band signal. If he moves WMEX to an
expanded band frequency, he' ll have it all to himself pretty much. >>

In that we are just a few months away from having 200 new audio channels
from DARS (satellite radio,) and a small handful of years distant from
Internet Radio's explosion --that technology needing only the deployment of
the 2Ws  (wideband and wireless), I'm afraid the expanded AM band is going
to find a place in history alongside AM stereo, Low Power FM, and digital
IBOC in the volume titled 'Too Little, Too Late."  Right after the chapter
on unsinkable passenger liners and transoceanic Zepplins.

He will indeed have the expanded band all to himself.