Re: Gay-rights backers don't want 'Dr. Laura' on TV

I object to them taking away my right to decide what I want to view.  They
are overstepping their bounds by deciding what they want me to see rather
than letting me see the offensive material and drawing my own conclusion.

Brian

At 11:34 PM 9/8/00 -0400, Jibguy@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 9/7/00 10:23:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>brian_vita@cssinc.com writes:
>
><< they are saying,
>  "Listen to me, I want to be heard".  They are saying, "If you allow the
>  other side to be heard, I will hurt you financially".  This is what I
>  object to. >>
>
>But WHY do you object?   That's their right, too, to hassle advertisers.
>Most stations would just observe, that yes, this offends some people, but
>just "1-in-10".  "A cost of doing business" for putting on a controversial
>show, that's make them a lot more money in the long-run. -   If the number
>ever reaches 3- or 4- in ten, then perhaps stations would listen more.   But
>its the gay-groups' rights to do anything legal to express their displeasure.
>----jibguy

Brian T. Vita, President
Cinema Service & Supply, Inc.
75 Walnut St.
Peabody, MA  01960-5626 USA
Sales:  (800)231-8849/Sales Fax:  (800)329-2775
Business Office: +1-978-538-7575/Business Fax:  +1-978-538-7550
Visit us on the web at "www.cssinc.com"