Radio on Radio

<<On Wed,  6 Sep 2000 17:10:20 -0400, "Roger Kirk" <rogerkirk@ttlc.net> said:

> [...] for ~ a $10/month fee. [...]

> Since they don't even allow mention of
> another station's call letters, I'm
> surprised that they would give that much
> play to a competitor's business.

I think their assumption would be that ``subscription radio'' is not a
competitor of ``free radio''.  Perhaps short-sighted, but given that
Sirius and Wossname are for the most part not running advertising,
they are not competitors in the business sense even if they do compete
for listeners.  (Remember that commercial broadcasters are in the
business of selling advertising, not entertainment.)

-GAWollman