Re: the language watch continues

brian_vita@cssinc.com writes:

<< e was noting one day at the number of journalism students who
 stated that their reason for getting into journalism was (paraphrasing mode
 on) "to change the world" (paraphrasing off).  >>

That was certainly true in the post-Watergate, post-Vietnam period, but I
doubt it is true of today's journalism students.  I don't think young people
today see the media as a vehicle for change.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine