Re: the language watch continues

At 06:25 PM 9/5/00 -0400, Dib9@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 9/5/00 6:23:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>brian_vita@cssinc.com writes:
>
><< They aren't? >>
>
>In my experience, there is no higher percentage of assholes among reporters
>than any other profession.  As part of their job, they need to be hard-nosed
>and some people take that the wrong way.
>
>-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine

I was joking in my comment but it does bring to mind a quote from Rush
Limbaugh.  He was noting one day at the number of journalism students who
stated that their reason for getting into journalism was (paraphrasing mode
on) "to change the world" (paraphrasing off).  The point being  that they
were not looking at unbiased reporting but rather to use the platform as a
way of furthering their views or beliefs.  No, I don't consider Rush to be
a reporter but I do consider the comment to be an interesting point.

Brian

-- Brian T. Vita, President
Cinema Service & Supply, Inc.,75 Walnut St., Peabody, MA  01960-5626
(978)538-7575/Fax (978)538-7550/Sales (800)231-8849/Sales Fax (800)329-2775
www.cssinc.com