Re: Fw: NorthEast Radio Watch 8/28:

On Fri, 1 Sep 2000 23:33:47 EDT Dib9@aol.com writes:
> Come on.  Does WCAP mention the charitable work of those accused of
> something
> in their news story?  Do good works excuse other infractions?   I'm
> not
> assuming WCAP is guilty of anything but I'm amazed that so many of
> you who
> usually assume the worst about businesses are so quick to leap to
> the defense
> of WCAP.  What's the deal?
>
> -- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine

Actually the morning talk show on WCAP does routinely mention the work of
other organizations and charities and even helps to promote them even
though they are not "their own".

As for why I am coming to the defense of WCAP, having worked there I know
the conditions and the personalities involved and I am aware of the
details of the story and quite frankly this is a case where THE CULPRIT
didn't get what he wanted so is making life miserable for the owner
knowing that the owner won't fire him because he made the complaint to
OSHA and the AG's office.

Dave Faneuf
Former News Director, WCAP