Re: Boston's "Original" Oldies Station?

>Norm wrote
> I think what they are saying by their slogan " Boston's original
> oldies
> station"
>
> is to imply more that the songs that they have in rotation were
> "original
> hits"

I think you are giving them far too much credit.  The claim that they are
Boston's Original Oldies Station is as clear as it is incorrect as has
been pointed out on this list.

Another interesting tid bit to pass along that I found amusing.  I was
talking to one of the union people inside SFR recently,  they said they
got the new Viacom newsletter (now that CBS/Westinghouse/American
Radio/Infinity/Viacom did I leave anyone out? are one)  On the front
cover was the Survivor life ring...and inside the ring was a photo
of....Rich?... nope... the cast?... nope....inside the ring was a photo
of THE RAT THEY ATE!  The union guy thought it was hysterical given
contract talks are getting underway.  A message the company is sending to
employees?

df

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.