Re: Old Habits Die Hard

roger wrote (of Gil's comment)
<<"... I  played the wrong piece of tape." >>

Rog,
   i can't speak for Gil, but maybe somebody inside at SFR can let us know:
does Gil use the carts, still?  or is the entire operation digital without
cart machines?
  i know of at least one newsperson who, until recently, would only play back
sound for newscasts on cart.  (and that was after we'd rolled a reel-to-reel
player to record the feed)

    of course, there are still many, many, many musical artists who, even the
younger, twenty-somethings, talk of making "...a new record."

  even as we've "threaded" recently, the AP is still refered to as "the wire"
(although, thanks to their major outage resulting from the attempted
downloading of new software, they're now providing most of their news
services via internet connections)

- -Chuck Igo