Re: WCAX/WVMT vs. WSYB (Was Re: Online network tunes world in to local radio)

>Dan Strassberg wrote:
>You mean that WSYB has not been off the air for any extended stretches? I
>had thought it was dark for quite a while at some point. I always considered
>it to be a marginal station--just scraping by when it could do so and going
>dark when it couldn't.

        I know nothing about WSYB, basically, except for its claim to be
Vt.'s oldest station. My impression from vacationing up there off and on
for eons is that it always was a going concern in the olden days. In the
last 10 or 15 years, I don't know. I do know their signal, bad in the
daytime 20 miles away, gives the impression that either the ground
conductivity in them there hills is about 0.1, or their ground system
hasn't been touched since 1930, or both.