Re: WHIL and country

On 28 Aug 2000,  Kevin Vahey wrote:

I doubt they were
> standards or MOR after their Top 40 days because they would have been
> killed by WHDH and WEZE back then.

They were MOR after they gave up Top 40.  I remember it well.  But I think
it was a different sort of MOR than WHDH or WEZE.  WEZE was more a
beautiful music format, much like WJIB.  WCOP had DJs and emphasized a
more up-tempo MOR format than WHDH or WEZE.  I think I remember an article
in the paper at the time which said that the songs were computer selected
"for their toe-tapping rhythm."

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                        617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                     lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503      http://world.std.com/~lawyer/