Re: Online network tunes world in to local radio

>Kaimbridge M. GoldChild wrote:>
>http://www.globe.com/dailyglobe2/240/newengland/Online_network_tunes_world_
>in_to_local_radioP.shtml
<snip>

        A very interesting article. Recommended for those who hang out on
this group who don't think internet radio is going to be huge.

        I can always nitpick, though:

        -- The article says that WBLM claims 200,000 listeners on the
internet. What is that based on? And what is that number, cume since they
started webcasting, weekly, or what?

        - It lists WEIB (the new 106.3 in Northampton) as being in
Springfield, Mass. Owners' wishful thinking, maybe?

        - And the article says that WVMT is the oldest station in Vermont.
I had thought it was WSYB, Rutland, 1930. My ancient 1976 Broadcasting
yearbook says WVMT, listing the start date as 1922. The chronology at Jeff
Miller's website lists the license as 1922, with original calls WCAX. But a
website called www.mainstreetvermont.com/wsyb calls WSYB "Vermont's oldest
continually operated radio station." What's with this, does anyone know?