Re: WMEX to end all-local talk

Hopefully, this doesn't come as too much of a shock.  I'm actually suprised
Langer lasted this long with his rag-tag lineup of has-been hosts.  It's obvious
Jerry won't be back and Upton will be phased out by the time we set the clocks
back.  This station simply did not work, and the fact that they barely garnered
enough ratings to make the Boston book pretty much sealed it's fate.  My guess
is that more and more birdfeed will be added and eventually, brokered time will
be the programming of choice.  The last time I heard the station Upton was on
the air with the first selectman of Upton, MA, begging to have an "Upton Bell"
day named in the town in his honor.  Pitiful.  The satellite feed will be a
major improvement over this gosh-awful lineup.  Of course, I won't be listening,
along with the other 99.6 percent of the Boston radio listening audience.

Mike Thomas