Survivor and WWTBAM

Not that I really care...BUT

CBS is looking at a monster rating next Wednesday when Survivor finally
ends, and for a show that is a highly edited taped process, the fact that
there have been no bona fide leaks about the final winner makes me wonder.

Just being a creature of the biz, it would be next to impossible to keep a
lid on the final outcome UNLESS nobody knows yet. You are dealing with too
many free lance people on the crew and disgruntled losers as well to keep a
lid on this.

MY BEST GUESS............ the final tribal council will be held in a
stateside studio LIVE during the Eastern feed on Wednesday, so the reality
is NOBODY knows the final outcome.

I must admit I have watched the past few weeks only to be included in water
cooler talk the next day, which if you cut to the nuts and bolts of it is
EXACTLY what good entertainment should be.

20 years ago we got snookered with "Who shot JR" and nobody knew until it
aired, mainly because all the prime suspects shot scenes where they pulled
the trigger.

Who could have expected that WWTBAM would have become the runaway hit that
it has become, and one year later it seems to be getting stronger. In many
ways WWTBAM is RADIO at its best, simply a strong host and a person trying
to change their life, and millions playing along.

When all is said and done, it is simple programming that people respond to.