Re: ex-'RKO-ers at WMEX

I think the Money Experts (or one of them anyhow--can't recall his name)
is/are on WTKK. But attorney Steve Weisman, who was on WRKO for many years
_is_ on WMEX mornings. He appears with Brad Bleidt and Bonnie Kirschner, who
bill themselves as the Money Couple and Dave Anthony, who once worked at
WSRO (long before Langer bought it). Mr & Mrs Bleidt (aka Brad and Bonnie)
were on WMEX's predecessor, WRPT. The WRPT show was syndicated for a time on
at least WBNW (which may still have been WADN back then). "The Money
Couple"and "the Money Experts" sound similar enough to each other that you
could easily have them confused.

I suspect that the Bleidts have more of a connection to WMEX than just their
program. For one thing, WMEX's studios and the Bleidts Boston offices are in
the same building (at 164 N Washington St in the North End). Yet, when the
Bleidts appeared on WRPT, as far as I know, the program originated from
WRPT's studios at the WKOX building in Framingham. The morning show, the
Saturday afternoon food show, and several other WMEX programs (not to
mention the fringe-hours infomercials) may well be brokered time. And since
they are in the financial mangement business, perhaps Mr and Mrs Bleidt
arranged Langer's financing for WMEX's rather expensive signal upgrade. My
guess is that between engineering and legal fees and the cost of equipment,
the upgrade must have cost the better part of $2 million.

As for Karen Moscow, she works for Metro Networks, from which WMEX gets its
news, traffic, and weather.
--

Dan Strassberg, dan.strassberg@worldnet.att.net
Phone: 1-617-558-4205, eFax: 1-707-215-6367