Re: Censorship at WTKK

At 01:40 AM 8/10/00 -0400, Chuckigo@aol.com wrote:
>Rich...
>    it was indeed Wyoming.  (Wyoming Blasting & Zoning) your memory serves
> you
>well.
>
>Brian...
>     you are possibly close on the call-letter reasoning, though.  it is all
>about ratings.

Back in the old days of two country stations in Boston (WBCS and WCLB)
didn't management state that the change from WCLB to WKLB was to avoid
confusion in the ratings with WCRB? "And now the Ozark Blues Boys will play
'Homage to the Queen'"...

Brian

Extra points - I forget - was WCLB/WKLB the property that GM owned or acquired?