Re: NorthEast Radio Watch 8/7: So Long, Charles...

--- Sptseditor@aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 8/7/00 11:04:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>
> What is Clear Channel's relationship with Fox Sports Radio? Is it only
> distributing the service, or does it have an ownership stake in it as well?
>
> -Sean

Distribution and marketing. As far programming and production,
all Fox Sports staffers, except for Jim Rome's show which will
continie to be produced *and* distributed by CC's syndication
arm(PRN)...One of the trades mentions that Fox really wanted
a radio presence in the markets where it's launching its Regional
Sports reports. Much of Fox Sports' radio content will come
in packages directly from Fox' regional TV shows...FSR will be very
sports news/info driven -- very much like ESPN Radio is right now
and a lot less talk-driven such as 1on1 or SportsFan....
I wouldn't be surprised to see in a near future
ESPN or Fox doing a time buy on one of the smaller Boston AM's.
Something similar to what ESPN Radio is doing with WEVD-AM in NYC
where just bought time to clear Dan Patrick's afternoon show
in the #1 market...It's not so much the size of the audience
that matters here but putting out familiar branding and push
cross-promotion(w/TV).....

-Mark