Re: donorships

Well, that's legal. The FCC defines a commercial as an announcement that
includes product comparison, price information, and/or call to action. So,
for this announcement to be illegal it would have to say:

"Made possible by Trumpet's Jazz Club...the best jazz in town! Only a 5
Dollar cover, every night of the week!  Come down to (address), or call
(number) for tickets!"

Likewise, a slogan is OK, even if the slogan in itself is a product
comparison or call to action. Go figure.

for the FCC definitions, head on over to:

http://www.fcc.gov/mmb/asd/nature.html#ENHANCED

--Scott--

Scott J. Saloway
Assistant Producer/On-Air Promotions and Fundraising
WBUR Radio, Boston
saloway@bu.edu
I do not represent Boston University or any other entity.
My opinions are mine and mine alone.