Re: donorships

On 30 Jul 2000,  Bob Nelson...WMWM wrote:

> On yesterday's Let's Talk about Radio, guest Joe
> Ross mentioned hearing the phrase "UMass Football
> is brought to you by..." on WMUA.
> College/non-commercial stations are allowed to run
> "donorships",
> which are basically acknowledgments of donations given
> to the station by private individuals or companies.

I'm well aware of that, and I've heard some of the underwriting
announcements on PBS.  The announcements I heard on WMUA sounded much more
like commercials than I've ever heard elsewhere on supposedly
noncommercial radio.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                        617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                     lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503      http://world.std.com/~lawyer/