   Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 21:59:23 -0400 (EDT)
   From: Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
   To: Donna Halper <dlh@donnahalper.com>
   Cc: boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org, "Michael A. Patton" <map@pobox.com>
   Subject: [RE: A Providence TV Question.]

   <<On Thu, 15 Jun 2000 20:39:20 -0400, Donna Halper <dlh@donnahalper.com> said:

   > Yeah, but this was the local TV Guide.  Until mid 1953, we had our own
   > locally owned and produced TV Guide, called naturally, "The New England TV
   > Guide."  It had stories about local personalities like Dick Tucker and
   > Louise Morgan, and news of the stations in the region.  Thus, I would tend
   > to take fairly seriously  that WJAR was indeed channel 11 till sometime in
   > mid 1953.

   As it turns out, I know someone who Ought To Know the true answer to
   this question (cc'ed).

   -GAWollman
   Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 17:19:25 -0400
   From: bill patton <billylp@sneplanet.com>
   To: MIKE <map@pobox.com>
   Subject: CHANNEL 11

       I'M frustrated.  I wrote a long article about the early days of
   New England television and the computer ate it. We were on channel 11
   for nearly 4 years.  I'll try  to find the message or redo it.

       You may give out my e mail to your friends.
   DAD